Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Craft Organizer w/ Tutorial!

So...my crafting is beginning to take over our master bedroom. Lucky for me my loving husband allows me to take over our room in that fashion. In order to make more room in our bedroom, and get rid of one set of plastic drawers, I made a hanging craft organizer. This isn't the most detailed tutorial but I think most people will get the jist of it!


So what I did was take a spare picture frame. This one just happened to house a piece of canvas art that I did not care for. My husband likes it so now it will find a home in his classroom at work.

So, after removing the unwanted picture, I place the frame right face down on to some brown fabric, which is actually leftovers from a brown flat bed sheet that I used to make Aaron's shepherd costume.

Anyway, I measured enough fabric that it would leave about an inch on the back of the frame so it could be secured with staples or finished nails.

Next...After measuring the main piece of fabric I went on to measure the fabric for the pockets.



I cut three strips of fabric about 8 inches in height and same width as the main fabric piece. I pressed the bottom edge of each pocket under and sewed it to the main fabric piece. I then sewed up each of the sides of the pocket. You do not need to pressed under the sides of the pockets because that part will actually be hidden behind the back of the frame!

Next secure the fabric to the frame - like we did the the $2.00 wall art tutorial. All you have to do is lay your fabric right side facing down on the floor, place your frame on top of the fabric and the secure one side to the back of the frame with finishing nails or staples and then do the same thing to the opposite side. Do the same step for the other two sides.

To hang your new organizer you will need to use wall anchors so it doesn't fall off the wall! I used a heavy duty piece of picture hanging wire on the back of my organizer and used heavy duty frame hooks on the wall to secure the organizer to the wall!

Finished Product



Now the crafting area or "Sanguine Corner" as my husband calls it looks much better!




Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment