Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Pillowcase hanging hamper!

So, we have an incredibly small kids/guest bathroom. It absolutely has zero room for a clothing hamper. I had to create something that could possibly hang on the back of the door. In order to do that I took the width measurement of our over the door towel hanger that has two hooks on the bottom for hanging robes and such. I then made two pillowcases that were the width of the two hooks apart and about three feet in length. I made two pillowcase so that it would be double lined and be a little more sturdy. I then made some cute appliques. The kids'/guests' bathroom is decorated in a jungle theme. So, I made a giraffe and elephant applique for the outside of the hamper. After attaching those I then attached two tubes of fabric (about 1/2 in width) to the backside of the pillowcase openning. I did two of these. These tubes would be tide and used to hang from the hooks on the over the door towel hanger. After that it was finished! Here's the finished product:

1 comment:

  1. What a CUTE idea! You'll have to teach me how to applique sometime. I tried calling you today but... voicemail was all I got :( Love you!

    ReplyDelete